Eric is an occasional racer, but thoroughly enjoys the recreational side of riding. He started riding in 2002 when a college roommate convinced him that the advanced loop at the local single track was an easy ride. He was sold on the sport, even though a crash meant he had to replace his roommate's helmet. Eric frequents road and mountain bike group rides around Grand Rapids and continues to add new riders to the sport by encouraging their entry into cycling. While being an excellent cyclist to meet on the trail, he still enjoys being pushed by the big dogs to help progress his abilities.
In the Stable: Niner Air9 custom spec'ed with both Niner Carbon Fork and Rock Shox Reba XX ready to swap, Oryx T-Line 125 Race MTB (only a lonely frame now), Specialized Allez Road Bike (mostly stock), Gary Fisher Sugar (not completely ride-able at the moment)
In the Closet: New Balance 904 Trail, Patagonia Release Goretex, Karhu XCD Guides 165 Backcountry/Telemark Skis
Team Positions: Weekend Racer, Club Rider, Self Taught Mechanic, Team Director
Eric consumes the better part of his life building his business. If he is not busting out hours in the Aeron, Eric thoroughly enjoys nature. Either cycling or simply going for a run helps satisfy his love for being outside. In the off-season, in an attempt to pick up the most challenging method to get down a snow covered hill, he can be found telemark and back country skiing around West Michigan. We are not sure why, but once in a while he can be found leaving for a run at ten o'clock at night once the temperature drops into the teens.
- 2010 2nd Place in 28-29 age division at Iceman Cometh
- 2010 Top 50 Place at National Ultra Endurance race (Lumberjack 100 mile)
- 2010 1st Place in Solo 29 and under 6 hour endurance race (6 hours of Ithaca)
- 2010 Advanced and competed in Expert XC category
- 2009 3rd Place finish in category B for Cyclocross Race
- 2009 6th Place finish in category 5 road criterium
- 2009 2nd Place finish in Sport category XC Race (Big M XC)